The #1 Thing People with Memory Problems Have in Common
If you get frustrated by common memory problems like forgetting where you parked your car or where you placed your reading glasses…or you just aren’t feeling as sharp as you used to be when figuring out things like a waiter’s tip or solving a crossword puzzle, then I have some incredible news for you…
Not long ago, a scientist named Dr. Eric Kandel made an amazing breakthrough. He discovered that we can actually grow millions of brand new brain cells no matter what our age.
In fact, when Dr. Kandel revealed his findings to the medical world, it was deemed so important that he was awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine for his ground-breaking research!
An Extraordinary Brain-Boosting Breakthrough
There is an essential protein your brain needs to grow new cells. It’s called brain-derived neurotropic factor, or BDNF for short. And cutting-edge studies have revealed the many remarkable effects that BDNF can have on brain function.
In one in vivo study, researchers created a substance similar in composition to BDNF. They then injected the solution into brain cells. What happened next was amazing. Just a short time later, the brain cells treated with BDNF began to sprout branches — the very same branches that your brain needs to transmit signals between cells.
The more of these branches you have, the more efficiently you’re able to transmit these signals — and the better your brain works.
A Sharper Brain and Faster Reactions
Please keep reading, because while these findings are intriguing, it is the studies on humans where this really gets exciting. Researchers at Stanford University wanted to see what effect BDNF levels had on the performance of airplane pilots. In the study, they selected 144 pilots to undergo tests in a flight simulator.
The results? The researchers found that the pilots with the highest levels of BDNF scored better on the simulator tests than those with lower levels! Their brains were sharper than the other pilots with lower BDNF levels and their reactions were better, too!
Remarkable Impact on Both Short and Long-Term Memory
And in yet another study, University of Pittsburgh researcher and psychologist, Dr. Kirk Erickson, looked at the BDNF levels of 120 seniors. Over the course of the year-long study, Dr. Erickson gave half of them exercises to boost their BDNF levels.
And the results were nothing short of remarkable.
In the study, Dr. Erickson found that increased levels of BDNF had amazing effects on the hippocampus (the part of the brain responsible for both short and long-term memory).
Indeed, Dr. Erickson found that by simply boosting BDNF levels, the hippocampus increased in size by at least 2%! Now, that may not sound like much until you consider that the average person over 60 loses roughly 1% in size of the hippocampus every year.
And that’s not all — the study showed that people with higher BDNF levels were able to increase their vocabulary 20% faster than people with lower levels!
Boost BDNF Levels 143% — in as Little as Two Hours!
So, what can you do to boost your level of this powerful brain and memory-booster? For a long time, scientists and researchers believed that the only way to boost BDNF was through daily vigorous exercise.
But thanks to an amazing new breakthrough, it’s now possible to dramatically boost your levels of BDNF without any exercise…and in as little as two hours!
The secret? Coffee! Yes, coffee! But here’s the catch: You can’t just slurp down your morning “cup of Joe” and expect to boost your BDNF levels. To get the REAL benefits of this remarkable substance, you need to use the whole coffee fruit, not just the beans.
But now, a new extract that uses the whole coffee fruit is available. And in a gold-standard double-blind study, researchers have seen extraordinary results in people who took this remarkable coffee extract.
In the study, they had two groups of people take a blood test to measure their BDNF levels. They then gave one group a 100 mg dose of this coffee fruit extract, and the other group received a placebo.
The researchers then had the participants re-take the blood tests every 30 minutes. The results were nothing short of amazing…
In the people who took the coffee extract, BDNF levels increased by a whopping 143% — within just two hours!
I’ve studied a lot of “breakthrough” brain and memory nutrients over the last 20 years, but none have ever gotten me more excited than this.
But while maintaining healthy levels of BDNF is vitally important, it can’t fully promote healthy brain function and sharp thinking all by itself. You also need to combat…
The Hidden Deficiency That Can Destroy Your Memory
As important as BDNF levels are in growing new brain cells and boosting memory function, it’s not the only nutrient that your brain craves. According to ground-breaking clinical research, up to 70% of older adults suffer from a deficiency in an essential fat associated with memory lapses. But correcting this deficiency is easy if you know the right way to do it.
You see, when you’re young, levels of this nutrient are abundant. So, your brain is sharp, your thinking is clear, and your memory and recall are quick and sure. But as you age, levels begin to fall and you get all the classic symptoms like forgetfulness, brain fog and fuzzy thinking.
In fact, astounding clinical research has shown that the key difference between people in their 80s with healthy memory function and those with memory problems may be their levels of this single fat! The more you have of it, the better your brain can work.
The deficiency I’m talking about is caused by a lack of one very specific omega-3 fatty acid called docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA for short.
As a knowledgeable reader of health information, you’re probably aware of the wide array of health benefits that omega-3 fatty acids can provide.
But what you may not know is the critical role DHA plays in brain function, and why you need high levels of DHA to keep your brain and memory working at peak efficiency.
Indeed, research has shown that DHA is critical for a number of vital brain functions. For example:
- DHA is the single most important nutrient for a healthy brain. Before we’re even born, our mother’s placenta accumulates DHA to assist with proper brain development in the womb, and it’s also the most important nutrient for a newborn baby’s brain development in its first year of life. The FDA deems DHA so important that it approved its inclusion in baby formulas to assist in brain development.
- DHA helps brain cells send and receive messages. When the cells that control your brain are nourished with DHA, they work better, faster and longer, which means you can think clearly, retrieve memories quicker and stay alert longer. When levels fall, you suffer from memory problems and cognitive decline.
- DHA is a powerful inflammation fighter. Inflammation can wreak havoc on your brain. Numerous studies have demonstrated that inflammation can trigger everything from brain fog and fuzzy thinking to memory lapses and even premature brain aging! By maintaining high DHA levels, you can combat inflammation and keep all of these nasty symptoms at bay.
- DHA helps block harmful brain debris. High DHA levels have been shown to help prevent dangerous brain debris from attaching to brain cells and the neurons that help these cells communicate with each other. This debris has been associated with memory problems and premature aging of brain cells.
- DHA helps balance mood. DHA is critical for neurotransmitter activity in the brain. The higher our levels, the more effectively our brain uses “feel good” chemicals like serotonin and dopamine. And thus, the more balanced our moods tend to stay.
Studies Show the Higher the Levels of DHA, the Better Your Brain Works
As more and more studies on DHA and cognitive health are published, the link between low blood levels of DHA and increased risk for cognitive decline is becoming increasingly clear.
In one landmark study, researchers compared DHA blood levels in people with several different types of serious cognitive decline to elderly people with normal cognitive function. What they found was that those with cognitive decline had significantly lower levels of DHA, leading them to conclude that low DHA may indeed be a risk factor for age-related cognitive impairment.
And beyond helping to protect your brain as you get older, studies show DHA can boost your memory and cognitive function, no matter your age!
The Science Revealed an Amazing 34% Improvement in Brain Function
The powerful brain-boosting benefits of DHA have been shown in numerous gold-standard clinical studies.
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, researchers gave 437 patients suffering from cognitive decline either 900 mg of DHA daily or a placebo. To obtain an accurate measurement of the benefits, all the patients performed a series of Paired Associate Learning (PAL) tests measuring errors in learning and memory recall.
At the end of the 24-week study, the researchers had all of the patients take the test again. And in the DHA group, PAL scores fell from an average of 13.4 errors down to just 8.8 errors — that’s an amazing 34% improvement!
Another double-blind, placebo-controlled study on healthy 18-45 year old adults showed that daily DHA supplementation resulted in statistically significant changes in cognitive performance including improved memory, reaction time and working (short-term) memory.
And yet another study on women ages 60-80 with normal cognitive function showed that 800 mg of DHA per day produced an incredible 19% improvement in verbal fluency (a measure of ability to recall words).
All told, there have been dozens of studies performed on DHA’s benefits to the brain and memory, and the results have consistently shown the benefits of higher DHA levels.
How the “Sunshine” Vitamin Can Also Help Boost Memory and Brain Power
I’m sure you’ve heard of the many health benefits of vitamin D — from increasing bone strength to improving heart health to promoting better mood balance.
But you may not be aware of how vitamin D helps fight dangerous inflammation levels in the brain to keep its cells functioning effectively.
Researchers in Europe tested more than 3,100 men aged 60+ for cognitive health and vitamin D levels. They found that those with the highest vitamin D levels were able to process details and information faster than the men with low levels of vitamin D.
And in a giant meta-analysis, researchers looked at the results of 37 different studies on vitamin D and cognitive health. They consistently found that the people with low levels had poorer brain health and brain function than those with higher levels!
The Brain-Boosting Solution I Personally Recommend
My readers ask me all the time which of these three extraordinary brain-boosters is best to take to sharpen their minds. My response is always “all three if you can afford it.”
But with all of the exciting research showing the extraordinary brain-boosting impact of coffee fruit extract, DHA and vitamin D, I was surprised to find that it was so difficult to find these three essential nutrients in an all-in-one formula. And the ones I could find either contained only a “fairy dusting” of each ingredient or were absurdly expensive.
So I decided to create my own formula and make sure that it was priced so that nearly everyone could benefit.
You see, in addition to my work with the Live in the Now newsletter, I also run Stop Aging Now, a company that has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years.
Working with my Scientific Advisory Board, and carefully referencing all of the scientific studies at hand, we created a revolutionary brain support formula called OmegaIQ™ ULTRA.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get OmegaIQ ULTRA for as low as $19.95 per bottle — with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
Here’s what makes OmegaIQ ULTRA one of the top brain support supplements available:
- 100 mg of Clinically Studied NeuroFactor™ Coffee Berry Extract:OmegaIQ ULTRA includes GMO-free NeuroFactor™ coffee berry extract which helps to increase BDNF, a protein found in the brain and nervous system that plays a critical role in the processes related to learning, memory, alertness and mood balance. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study, this same 100 mg dose of NeuroFactor™ increased blood levels of BDNF by 143% from baseline in a period of just two hours.
- An Extra Strength 1,000 mg Research-Based Dose of DHA Plus 290 mg EPA: The extra strength OmegaIQ ULTRA formula is much more potent than many popular fish oil and DHA supplements. Each daily serving of 2 softgels contains 2,130 mg of highly purified cold-water fish oil, which provides you with 1,000 mg of DHA and 290 mg of EPA. Many widely-advertised fish oil supplements contain less than 500 mg of DHA. But most of the brain-boosting benefits of DHA start at 800 mg, so the 1000 mg found in OmegaIQ is a powerful dose!
- A Potent Dose of Vitamin D3: OmegaIQ™ ULTRA provides an impressive 25 mcg (1,000 IU) dose of vitamin D3 per serving for enhanced cardiovascular, brain and overall health support. Cell studies have shown that vitamin D has neurotrophic and neuroprotective properties, while preliminary studies have shown that it may help slow aging in the hippocampus.
- Molecularly Distilled for Unsurpassed Purity: The fish oil in OmegaIQ™ ULTRA is molecularly distilled using state-of-the-art vacuum technology that removes the toxic contaminants from the oil. Our fish oil is third-party certified to be free of contaminants such as mercury, PCBs and other dangerous environmental toxins.
- Environmental Sustainability and Traceability: The fish oil in OmegaIQ ULTRA is made from fish obtained through fisheries that are Friend of the Sea© certified, which means they are committed to using environmentally sustainable fishing practices traceable to individual fisheries, which allows us to ensure the purity and potency of the finished product.
PLUS: It Ships for Free and Is Risk Free. Not only is OmegaIQ ULTRA affordably priced — as low as $19.95 per bottle — it also ships to you for free and comes with an industry-leading 365-day guarantee. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return it any time within one year of purchase for a full refund. It’s as simple as that. OmegaIQ ULTRA is not available in stores.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get OmegaIQ ULTRA for as low as $19.95 per bottle — with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal.
- Yurko-Mauro K et al. Beneficial effects of docosahexaenoic acid on cognition in age-related cognitive decline. Alzheimers Dementia 2010;6(6):456-64.
- Stonehouse W et al. DHA supplementation improved both memory and reaction time in healthy young adults: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2013;97:1134-43.
- Johnson EJ et al. Cognitive findings of an exploratory trial of docosahexaenoic acid and lutein supplementation in older women. Nutr Neurosci 2008;11(2):75-83.
- Lee DM, et al. Association between 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and cognitive performance in middle-aged and older European men. J Neuro Neurosurg Psychiatry 2009;80(7):722—9.
- Balion C et al. Vitamin D, cognition, and dementia. A systematic review and meta-analysis. Neurology 2012;79:1397-14-5.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.