11 All Natural Must-Try Beauty Products
Last week, we posted a video that took a satirical swing at cosmetic companies that use toxic chemicals in their products. Since then, we’ve been researching some organic beauty products and thought we’d share some with you. In addition to some more popular organic brands found in stores, we browsed Etsy.com. Etsy is a great place to find independent small business owners who are passionate about their craft. We were able to find several shops that formulate organic cosmetics and bath and beauty products.
1. Suncoat Natural Mascara : No parabens here! In fact, this all natural mascara only contains 9 ingredients compared to a popular one by L’Oreal that contains 35! Suncoat makes fantastic organic cosmetics and they’re best known for their long-lasting water-based nail polishes. (@suncoatproducts)
2. Juice Beauty, Glowing Cheek Color: Made with organic fruit and berry oils, this blush has been called the “perfect pink” for a rosey glow. When wellness entrepreneur Karen Behnke learned that your skin absorbs 64% of what’s placed on it, she was astounded to discover that cosmetic companies weren’t passionate about organic, toxin-free skin care. So, she created Juice Beauty so she could offer high quality beauty products that are made with certified organic ingredients. (Read more – their story is quite inspiring!) (@JuiceBeauty)
3. Sweet Sally’s Soaps Rosemary Mint Organic Sugar Scrub: This scrub is the perfect combination of invigorating aromas to awaken your senses, emulsified sugars to polish your skin and shea butter and avocado to moisturize. Talk about pampering yourself. This adorable Etsy shop owner uses top-notch organic ingredients to make her handcrafted soaps, lotions and bath bombs. (@SweetSallysSoap)
4. Dear Gurl Cosmetics, Mineral Makeup Foundation: A mineral foundation that actually includes good-for-you green tea extract, rose hip seed oil, and 100% apricot oil. And the best part? You can select to have it made with NO TITANIUM DIOXIDE. All of the make up in this Etsy shop is made with organic ingredients and most products are made to order so you know you’re getting a fresh, all natural product with no preservatives.
5. Nvey Eco Organic Moisturising Foundation: This liquid foundation is light and leaves the skin dewey while calming the skin with ingredients like Rosemary and Lavender Flower. NVEY ECO prides itself on being one of the first organic make up brands in the U.S. (@nveyeco)
6. Ecco Bella Botanicals – Vitamin E Lip Smoother: These preservative-free, vegan lip smoothers contain the full spectrum of vitamin E tocopherols and tocotrienols – and they come in some fun, gorgeous colors! Sally Malanga first started Ecco Bello Botanicals to end cosmetic testing on animals and later became passionate about organics and nutraceuticals as well. All products at Ecco Bella Botanicals are free of water, gluten, dyes, GMO’s and preservatives. (@eccobella)
7. Conscious Skincare, Gentle Organic Face Cream: Made with organic fair-trade shea butter, organic comfrey root extract and organic fair trade essential oils, this moisturizer just screams amazing. And shop owner Rebecca Martin is as passionate as she is talented. She opened her shop just 4 months ago! How inspiring. When I asked her what motivated her to launch her line she said she wanted a product that was rich in texture and still a “truly organic and chemical free brand, but one with an ethical philosophy – to try and minimize our impact on the environment in everything we do from packaging to ingredients!” She’s also very passionate about making products to order, so that the active ingredients are as fresh and nutritious as possible. (@consciousface)
8. Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk: This cleanser is extremely gentle yet incredibly effective. A rare combination
9. Eminence Organics Eight Greens Youth Serum: I’ve been a user of Eminence for years and when they started making their “Eight Green” line I fell in love. Topical antioxidant heaven. All Eminence products are free of parabens, petrolatum, mineral oils, propylene glycol and sodium lauryl sulfate.
10. Cold n’ Flu Chest and Foot Rub Aromatherapy Oil: This product will sooth and relax your respiratory passages in the same way Vicks Vapor Rub would only it’s 100% natural and made with no chemicals or synthetic preservatives. And be sure to check out her entire shop because I must say it’s quite fascinating! Shop owner Brenda Watkins was inspired to launch her line in 2010 after being appalled by the ingredients used in products she was giving her children. She makes everything from vegan tooth powder to lip stain made with organic beet extract. In fact, very few of her products contain more than 3 or 4 ingredients!
11. Intelligent Nutrients Certified Organic Perfect Hold Hair Spray: Certified organic hairspray – I didn’t think it was possible. I was skeptical but this product is amazing. Intelligent Nutrients is passionate about shedding light on the poor practices of many cosmetic companies and even more passionate about creating certified organic hair care and beauty products. Their vision and “wake up call” will inspire you to never use conventional beauty products again!