Everyone knows that it’s important to stay well hydrated during the summer months. But what most people don’t know is that eating a few H2O-heavy foods every day can dramatically enhance their efforts rehydrate quickly. Here are six easy-to-find and easy-to-eat foods that can help you better maintain your body’s H2O levels.
1. Cucumber: Cucumbers are more than 90% water and provide B vitamins, vitamin C and magnesium. Many love adding cucumbers to water for a refreshing summer beverage, while others love to snack on cucumber slices to cool off on hot summer days. Try this cucumber lime cooler for a fabulous alcohol-free cocktail or this Late Summer Salad for a hydrating summer lunch outdoors.
2. Greens: Most greens are roughly 94% water while romaine and iceberg tends to be around 95% water. We’ve had so many incredible salad recipes that it’s impossible for me to pick just one or two. Check out some of our most popular by clicking here.
As much as we may cherish the wisdom that comes with our years, none of us like to notice any signs of aging, like wrinkles or dark spots.
And now there’s an amazingly simple way to reduce visible signs of aging while promoting healthy skin. And it doesn’t involve expensive beauty creams, harsh chemicals or potentially risky cosmetic procedures!
3. Pineapple: Pineapples are a refreshingly sweet treat on hot summer days, to say the least. Just shy of being 90% water, pineapples provide the enzyme bromelain which can aid in digestion and may help prevent inflammation (a common woe of being in the heat too long).
4. Cantaloupe: This varietal of melon is over 90 percent water, offering up 100% of your vitamin A and only 60 calories per cup. Try this Cantaloupe with Lime, Mint and Ginger recipe for a perfect afternoon snack in the sun.
5. Watermelon: The ultimate summertime staple, watermelon is 92% water and contains rehydrating electrolytes such as salts calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium. This Thai Melon Salad recipe is an oldie but a goodie that remains one of my favorites. It’s a hit at every gathering.
6. Strawberries: Not just limited to strawberries, though. Most berries are more than 90% water and since they’re easy to pack up and carry anywhere, berries can serve as the perfect hydrating snack anytime. We did a Recipe Round-Up for strawberries a while back , but I think this salad remains my favorite.
Have any recipes for these hydrating foods? Please share in the comments!