Turmeric: The Most Underestimated Herb of All Time?
Are you concerned about maintaining the health of your brain as you age? You’re not alone. Losing one’s memory and mental abilities to cognitive decline is something we all fear, and the current statistics on the prevalence of cognitive decline in this country are not pretty.
By age 65, sadly 1 in 9 Americans will suffer from severe cognitive decline, and by age 85, an astonishing 1 in 3 will.
Researchers have been working for years to develop an effective treatment. But one “miracle” drug after another has failed to live up to its promises, and it’s becoming more and more apparent that pharmaceuticals are not the solution. Unfortunately, the medical establishment is so narrowly focused on finding an elusive “cure” that scientifically researched prevention strategies are often ignored.
Please keep reading, and I’ll tell you about an amazingly effective way to protect your brain from the ravages of cognitive decline and boost your thinking and memory abilities quickly, naturally and safely.
The Ancient Secret for Brain Protection
There are a number of natural brain protectors out there, but did you know that one herb has shown more promise when it comes to supporting your neurological system than any other medical finding to date? It’s a scientific fact that curcumin, an antioxidant compound found in the root of the turmeric plant, is one of the most powerful natural brain protecting substances on the planet! It continues to amaze scientists with its remarkable cognitive health benefits.
You may be familiar with turmeric as the bright yellow spice that is commonly found in curry powder. Turmeric has a long history as a healing herb and culinary spice in India. It’s been used for its many healing properties since ancient times in Ayurvedic medicine, India’s traditional medical system. Interestingly, India has the highest per capita consumption of turmeric AND the lowest incidence of cognitive decline worldwide!
Your Brain on Curcumin
The hallmark process associated with certain types of cognitive decline is the formation in the brain of abnormal protein structures called beta-amyloid plaques. That’s why I was excited to read about a landmark clinical trial involving people with severe cognitive decline that measured the effects of curcumin. Amazingly, the participants taking curcumin had significantly higher levels of dissolved plaque in their blood compared to those in the placebo group.
This study showed that curcumin has the ability to effectively pass into the brain, bind to beta-amyloid plaques and assist the body in their breakdown. Curcumin is one of the only substances known to have such a profound protective effect on the brain.
Curcumin Combats Pro-Inflammatory Markers
|Curcumin’s Incredible Health Benefits|
You may have heard about the dangers of “silent” inflammation. It’s been discussed by Dr. Oz and has made headlines in publications such as Newsweek and Time. It’s important for you to know that slow-growing, body-wide inflammation is rapidly becoming recognized as the root cause of the development of cognitive decline, as well as a wide range of serious health problems.
Unfortunately, most people don’t do anything until the initial symptoms, such as muscle aches and joint discomfort, appear. When this happens, their gut reaction often is to go see a doctor, who is unlikely to correctly diagnose the problem, and more than likely will prescribe drugs that are far from safe and only provide short-term benefits.
But the initial symptoms of pain are just the beginning. If left unchecked, chronic inflammation can damage your body in many ways. One of the worst examples of this is cognitive decline, which can ravage your memory and severely impact your quality of life in what should be your golden years. Chronic inflammation has been linked to negative health effects including cognitive decline, increased cardiovascular risk, joint pain and loss of mobility, abnormal growth of healthy cells and accelerated skin aging, to name just a few.
Cutting-edge science is showing that curcumin is one of the most powerful, natural anti-inflammatories ever studied. Curcumin is so effective because it is a potent inhibitor of the body’s most powerful inflammation-causing chemical, called Nf-kappa beta. Miraculously, curcumin has been shown in numerous studies to tame joint pain and muscle soreness, protect the brain, support cardiovascular health, bolster immunity and more.[5-9] If you have a lingering health problem that no doctor can resolve, you may be suffering from chronic inflammation and curcumin may be just the natural solution you’ve been looking for.
How to Get the Most Out of Curcumin
Although you may be able to find high quality turmeric powder at your local market, it’s very difficult to verify its purity and potency. Plus, it’s almost impossible to incorporate therapeutic amounts of curcumin into your diet on a daily basis as a spice. So, to put it simply, a high-quality curcumin supplement is your best bet!
However, not all curcumin supplements are created equal. Unfortunately, most supplements out there don’t have the necessary doses and components to get the job done. If you take the wrong supplement, you’ll end up not only wasting money, but missing out on an incredible opportunity to protect your brain and keep harmful inflammation at bay. There are 3 major factors to consider when deciding on a curcumin supplement:
- Standardization and Dose: Standardization is the process by which the active ingredients in a plant are concentrated and brought to a consistent level. The active ingredients of turmeric are called curcuminoids, and there are actually three components: curcumin, demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin. Any good curcumin supplement should include all 3 of these curcuminoids and be standardized to at least 75%. Also, the minimum recommended daily dose is 1,000 mg per day.
- Absorption: One problem with curcumin is that it’s not easily absorbed. However, it was discovered that an extract of black pepper, called piperine, significantly enhances absorption of curcumin. In fact, one study found that the addition of a piperine increased bioavailablity by 2,000%! So make sure that any curcumin supplement you take contains this important extract.
- Price: Some people mistakenly believe if you pay more you get better quality. My advice is that you don’t need to pay more than $30 for a one month supply. Many companies are taking advantage of the hype surrounding curcumin and charging more than double this.
The Curcumin Supplement I Recommend
Since cognitive decline and chronic inflammation are so widespread, I consider curcumin a “must take” supplement. However, when I was looking at the different options out there, I was shocked by how many poor quality curcumin supplements there were. The ones that had “all the right stuff” were absurdly expensive, making this lifesaving nutrient off-limits for too many people!
That’s why I took it upon myself to develop an effective AND affordable curcumin supplement. As many of you know, in addition to my work with Live in the Now, I own a company called Stop Aging Now, which has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years. Working with my Scientific Advisory Board, I created a convenient, effective and affordable curcumin formula called Curcumin2K® that is simply superior to anything else out there, and it has become one of our bestselling products!
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get Curcumin2K at a discounted price with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
I encourage you to shop around do your own research to make sure I’m not shamelessly promoting my own product, but I think you’ll find no other curcumin product like Curcumin2K. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Curcumin2K is made with 1,330 mg of turmeric extract standardized to contain a minimum of 95% the full spectrum of curcuminoids, which includes curcumin, demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin.
- Curcumin2K is enhanced with 20 mg of BioPerine® black pepper extract standardized to contain 95% piperine. BioPerine is the brand used in all the research that has shown piperine increases curcumin’s absorption by up to 2,000%!
- Curcumin2K is made in a FDA-inspected Facility to meet or exceed stringent USP stringent standards for quality, purity and potency.
- Curcumin2K ships to you for free and like all Stop Aging Now products, comes with an “any reason” 365-day guarantee.
- Curcumin2K is available for as little as $19.95 per bottle (which lasts a full month). This is up to 3 times less than similar high quality brands.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get Curcumin2K at a discounted price with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal.
2. Neurology. 1998; 51(4): 1000-1008.
3. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2008 Feb;28(1):110-3.
4. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005 Feb;37(2):289-305.
5. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009; 41(1): 40-59.
6. J Neurosci Res. 2004 Mar 15; 75(6): 742-50.
7. Nutrition. Sept 2009, 25(9): 964-972.)
8. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007 May; 321(2): 616-25.
9. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005 Sep 1; 70(5): 700-13.
10. Planta Med. 1998; 64(4): 353-356.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.