Antioxidant Report: 6,000x More Powerful Than Vitamin C
Have you ever heard the expression “youth is wasted on the young?” My father used to say it to me all the time. And now that I’m older, I finally get it.
Ironically, as you reach the point when you finally have time to enjoy life to its fullest, your body may not be up to the task. But don’t you deserve it to be?
Whether your passion is walking, gardening, biking, golfing, travelling, reading or just chasing after those grandkids, you want your “golden years” to be your opportunity to dive fully into the things that make you happy.
But as I’m sure you realize, for this to be possible, you need to stay healthy, energetic and mentally sharp throughout your 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond. So how can you be one of the lucky ones to pull this off?
Please keep reading, because today you’re going learn how you can become a healthier version of yourself with renewed energy, more stamina, fewer aches and pains, and better mental focus. In short, it can help you do all the things you love, BETTER!
The Ridiculously Powerful Antioxidant That Is Truly in a League of Its Own
We’ve known for a while now that antioxidants are our most effective weapon against the health-damaging free radicals that cause oxidation and inflammation throughout the body. Free radicals literally accelerate the aging process, making way too many of us feel “old” and tired during what should be the best years of our lives.
And if you’ve read my newsletter, you know that I have been a big advocate of a unique, natural antioxidant called astaxanthin for many years now.
Groundbreaking research has shown that this rare, deep red-colored carotenoid found exclusively in a particular ocean plant species is the most powerful antioxidant available in nature.
Study after study has revealed that astaxanthin can provide extraordinary benefits for your energy, muscles, joints, heart, brain, eyes, skin and more.
Uncovered: The Remarkable Ability to Actually Integrate Into Your Cells!
Unlike most water-soluble antioxidants, which simply circulate throughout your bloodstream, astaxanthin is fat-soluble, which means it has the remarkable ability to actually integrate itself into every cell, tissue and organ in your body where it can neutralize the inflammation-causing free radicals.
That may be why in a test that measured the ability to neutralize a particularly unstable and destructive type of free radical, called singlet oxygen, astaxanthin was shown to be up to:
- 40 times stronger than beta-carotene
- 100 times stronger than vitamin E
- 800 times stronger than CoQ10
- And 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C!
I’ve been researching antioxidants for nearly two decades, and I can tell you first-hand that I’ve never seen test results like these before.
Why I Take a Triple Dose of Astaxanthin Every Day
When I began taking an astaxanthin supplement several years ago, I experienced health benefits that were nothing short of amazing.
The nagging knee pain that suddenly appeared in my 40s disappeared. My energy and stamina increased — I found myself biking to work daily, and taking longer and more challenging hikes on the weekends. And at night, after being so active, surprisingly my body didn’t feel like a wreck! I actually felt refreshed and invigorated.
Even though the standard dose was 4 mg, because of the extraordinary benefits I was experiencing, I often found myself taking double and even triple doses — with results that seemed to just keep getting better and better the more I took!
For me, a 12 mg dose was perfect. And new study findings have been confirming what I have personally experienced to be true about larger doses of astaxanthin.
The latest research has revealed what was once a closely guarded secret among professional athletes and marathon runners who have credited larger doses of astaxanthin with helping them reach previously unthought-of feats of endurance and stamina. And I am now fully convinced that 12 mg per day is the ideal daily dosage of astaxanthin because it has been shown to:
- Neutralize free radicals to protect cells, reduce DNA damage and fight aging[2-4]
- Promote a normal inflammatory response body-wide[3,5]
- Improve muscle endurance and exercise performance[6-8]
- Reduce joint pain and support healthy, flexible joints
- Support healthy circulation and overall cardiovascular health[10,11]
- Help your brain and nervous system function optimally[12,13]
- Relieve eye strain and fatigue, and support near and far vision[14,15]
- Protect skin against UV damage, dryness, wrinkles and premature aging[16,17]
Astaxanthin Makes It Easier to Stay Active and Healthier!
This may seem like a “no brainer,” but research has shown that higher levels of physical activity are correlated with a longer lifespan and healthier old age.
Being active — whether it’s walking, lifting weights at the gym or ballroom dancing — helps our bodies detoxify and strengthens our immune system. And indeed, there is evidence that exercise has a measurable anti-aging effect on our cells.
Here’s a fun fact I like to share with my readers: Did you know that astaxanthin is what makes salmon’s flesh pink? And guess what? Astaxanthin is also what gives salmon their seemingly supernatural ability to achieve marathon swimming feats, leaping up waterfalls and travelling against the current for days.
But today, incredibly convincing evidence indicates that astaxanthin can increase your strength and stamina, and help you exercise longer and feel less sore afterwards — without a big price tag or any side effects.
Amazing Results in this Gold-Standard Clinical Research
Numerous clinical studies have demonstrated how astaxanthin can help you stay active, exercise longer, feel less sore afterwards, and even burn fat more effectively.
Here’s just a small sampling of the incredible results:
- Astaxanthin has been shown to help deliver oxygen and energy to the muscle cells that need it during exercise.[4,20]
- Astaxanthin reduced levels of lactic acid (the metabolite that really causes you to “feel the burn”) during exercise by 28.6%.
- Astaxanthin increased muscle endurance in men, enabling them to perform 62% more knee bends while carrying a 90-pound weight!
- Astaxanthin improved the cycling performance of competitive male endurance cyclists, shaving two minutes off their time in a 20-kilometer trial!
- Astaxanthin even helped increase fat burn during exercise. Daily doses of 12 mg of astaxanthin resulted in a significant reduction in body fat percentage.
So whether you are an elite athlete, a weekend golfer, or just want to increase your ability to do work around the house, astaxanthin can help!
It Gets Even Better! Astaxanthin Also Helps Your Joints Stay Pain-Free
One well-known University of Memphis study found that astaxanthin helped ease joint discomfort even after strenuous exercise. Another eight-week double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study evaluated the effect of a 12 mg daily dose of astaxanthin on joint discomfort. While the placebo group’s scores essentially remained unaffected by the end of the eight weeks, pain scores decreased by 35%!As we get older, it’s not just our muscles that tend to get sore after exercise, it’s our joints too.
Astaxanthin also acts to lower important inflammatory markers. In one study, volunteers taking astaxanthin for two months saw their levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) plummet. CRP is an important marker of inflammation in the body — and high CRP levels also affect heart health.
A Boost for Your Mood, Mental Performance, Focus and Memory
When it comes to brain health, astaxanthin is right up there at the top of my list. Why? Because it is one of the world’s only antioxidants that can cross the blood-brain barrier and fight oxidative stress in the brain.
Because of this unique ability, astaxanthin — especially when taken at higher doses —can provide incredibly powerful support for your mood, cognitive health and mental performance.
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, men and women age 20-64 took 12 mg of astaxanthin for eight weeks. Astaxanthin helped significantly reduce symptoms of mental and physical fatigue, with improvements in cognitive acuity, motivation, concentration and mood.
In another eight-week trial involving postmenopausal women who took 12 mg of astaxanthin per day, astaxanthin helped provide dramatic improvements in mental outlook and reduced signs of stress including tension, eye fatigue, stiff shoulders, constipation, cold skin and difficulty falling asleep.
Other research has shown that taking 12 mg of astaxanthin per day improves accuracy and reaction time in working memory in healthy older adults with complaints of forgetfulness.[13,25]
Astaxanthin also has the ability to cross the blood-retina barrier, which makes it extraordinarily effective at reducing eye strain and supporting clear, healthy vision as you age.[14,15] Another great side benefit of reducing oxidation and inflammation is that your skin will look and feel incredible. In addition to protecting your skin against ultraviolet damage and free radicals, studies have shown that astaxanthin helps elevate collagen levels for a firmer, smoother complexion, and to boost cell repair![16,17]
My 3 Essential Tips for Choosing the Best Astaxanthin
If you’re sold on astaxanthin’s amazing benefits, you’re probably wondering: What’s next? Simple. Find a high-quality astaxanthin supplement, in the extra-strength 12 mg daily serving size, and at a price you can easily afford.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The only way to get the high levels of astaxanthin shown to provide the full range of remarkable health benefits I discussed above is to take a supplement that provides an extra-strength 12 mg per day dose.
- The only natural source of astaxanthin is the marine algae species, Haematococcus Pluvialis. Make sure the bottle says “natural astaxanthin” and that it is derived from H. Pluvialis. Warning: Don’t waste your money on other forms of astaxanthin, especially the synthetic form, which is made from petrochemicals and is far less potent!
- The best astaxanthin is produced in a freshwater environment using sophisticated techniques that protect it from oxidation and UV radiation. One such brand is AstaZine®. This potent, all natural astaxanthin is produced in fully-enclosed bioreactors that allow scientists to carefully control the growing process.
The Astaxanthin Supplement I Take and Recommend
After years of taking 2-3 pills per day to get the high doses of astaxanthin that I found myself thriving on, I am thrilled to announce that due to technological advances, it’s finally possible to get a powerful 12 mg dose in just one pill per day!
In addition to my work with Live in the Now, I also run Stop Aging Now, a company that has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years.
Working with the company’s Scientific Advisory Board, I created PurZanthin™ ULTRA, the 12 mg extra-strength astaxanthin supplement I now personally take every day and recommend. I firmly believe that you’ll find it to be the best — and most affordable — astaxanthin product on the market.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get PurZanthin ULTRA for as low as $13.95 a bottle — plus free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
I invite you to do your own research to make sure I’m not just shamelessly promoting my own product, but here’s why I think you’ll discover that PurZanthin ULTRA is absolutely your best option:
- Made from Top-of-the-Line Ingredients: PurZanthin ULTRA is made with AstaZine®, which is a powerful, natural form of astaxanthin sourced from pure freshwater algae grown in fully-enclosed bioreactors that allow scientists to carefully control the growing environment. Natural astaxanthin has been clinically tested and shown to have significantly more antioxidant potency than synthetic astaxanthin.
- Highly Concentrated and Super Convenient: We utilized the latest advances in encapsulation technology to ensure that PurZanthin ULTRA is highly concentrated. Just one small, easy-to-swallow softgel per day contains 12 mg of pure astaxanthin without any needless fillers or artificial ingredients.
- Quality You Can Trust: PurZanthin ULTRA is made in a state-of-the-art, FDA-inspected facility located in the U.S. Unlike some brands whose quality is questionable, this is a product whose purity you can trust!
- Affordable and Risk Free: PurZanthin ULTRA is priced as low as $13.95 per bottle, which is less than half the price of similar formulas. It also ships to you for free and comes with an amazing return policy. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return it anytime within one year of purchase for a full refund. It’s as simple as that.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get PurZanthin ULTRA for as low as $13.95 a bottle — plus free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal.
- Fisheries Science.1996; 62(1):134-137.
- Alt Med Rev. 2011;16(4):355-64.
- Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010;7:18.
- Br J Nutr. 2011;105(11):1563-71.
- Mol Cells. 2003;16(1):97-105.
- Int J Sports Med 2011;32(11):882-8.
- Carotenoid Science. 2008;13:20-22.
- J Clin Ther Med. 2002;18:1085-1100 as reported in Capelli B et al. Chapter 48: Role of Astaxanthin in Sports Nutrition. Nutrition and Enhanced Sports Performance. 2013;pp 465-71.
- Nir Y and G Spiller. BioAstin helps relieve pain and improves performance in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. 2002 Unpublished trial.
- J Clin Biochem Nutr 2008;43:69-74.
- Int J Vitam Nutr Res 2007;77(1):3-11.
- Brain Research. 2009;1254:18-27.
- J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2012;51(2):102-7.
- J Clin Ther Med. 2005;21(6):637-50.
- J Trad Med. 2002;19(5):170-3.
- Exp Dermatol. 2009;18(3):222-31.
- Carotenoid Science. 2006;10:91-5.
- J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;67(3):316.
- Mech Ageing Dev. 2010 Feb;131(2):165-7.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21:381-9.
- Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29(10):2106-2110.
- Fry, A. Astaxanthin Clinical Trial for Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness. Human Performance Laboratories, The University of Memphis, Report 1, August 16, 2001.
- Journal of Clinical Therapeutics & Medicines. 2016;32(7): 277-291 as reported in Crane M. The Science Behind Astaxanthin: Page 2 of 2 [Internet]. Nutritional Outlook. 2016 [cited July 5, 2017]. Available from: http://www.nutritionaloutlook.com/omega-3/science-behind-astaxanthin/page/0/2
- Anti-Aging Med. 2009;6(4):15-21.
- J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2009;44:280-4.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.