Recipe: Fresh Cilantro Salmon Burgers
As we recently shared in our article Omega-3s From Fish Outperform Those From Flax for Cancer Protection, a new study from the University of Guelph in Ontario Canada discovered that the omega-3 fatty acids found in fatty fish, such as salmon, trout and tuna, are eight times more effective at suppressing tumor growth than those from their flax counterparts.
Looking for a fun and simple way to prepare fish? This salmon burgers recipe is a surefire crowd-pleaser.
Recipe: Delicious Cilantro Salmon Burgers
- 12-14 ounces canned wild-caught salmon
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Coconut oil for greasing the pan
- In a bowl, mix the salmon, garlic, green onions and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, lime juice, mustard, pepper and salt.
- Combine both mixtures until well incorporated.
- Add in coconut flour and mix again.
- Form four patties.
- In a greased pan over medium high heat, add patties.
- Cook burgers until browned or they reach an internal temperature of 145° F, and then flip (about 4 minutes each side).
Mary West is a natural health enthusiast, as she believes this area can profoundly enhance wellness. She is the creator of a natural healing website where she focuses on solutions to health problems that work without side effects. You can visit her site and learn more at http://www.alternativemedicinetruth.com. Ms. West is also the author of Fight Cancer Through Powerful Natural Strategies.