Is This the World’s Most Effective Blood Sugar Solution?
If you’re worried about your blood sugar, this could be the most important report you’ll ever read.
The information I have to share with you today could mean the difference between becoming one of the tens of millions of Americans forced to rely on the standard “solutions” for blood sugar management and enjoying the relief you’ve been searching for.
I know I don’t have to go into detail here on the critical role diet and exercise play in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels and why it’s imperative that you get a handle on your blood sugar sooner rather than later. So I’ll get right into the exciting news on an amazing plant compound that could very well be nature’s safest, most powerful, most effective solution for balanced blood sugar.
But first, let me introduce myself…
I’m Joshua Corn, Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now, one of the fastest growing natural health publications in the nation. My passion for natural health drives me to seek the truth about the causes of health problems and to educate people on alternative solutions that are both safe and effective.
Please keep reading, and I’ll tell you everything you need to know about this powerful plant compound that is known for its wide array of extraordinarily powerful effects on the human body.
You’ll learn how it can dramatically improve your health by:
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels[1-3]
- Improving your insulin sensitivity[2,3]
- Balancing your cholesterol and triglycerides[1,4,5]
- Helping you maintain normal blood pressure levels[1,3]
- Keeping your digestive system running smoothly
Several decades ago, doctors using a purified form of this alkaloid to help their patients regain digestive balance began to notice an interesting trend — their patients had dramatically improved blood sugar balance after taking it!
So they began to investigate, and as you will see in a moment, discovered what turned out to be, quite possibly, the world’s single most effective natural blood sugar solution.
So why haven’t you heard of it?
The Shocking Study I Can’t Tell You About…
In 2008, researchers published the results of a study in the journal Metabolism that should have been hailed as a blood sugar breakthrough. It should have been an international sensation, because what it revealed about a new way to maintain healthy blood sugar levels was so amazing.
And I’d love nothing more than to tell you all about it right now, but due to the nature of this particular study, the FDA’s rules expressly prohibit me from discussing the details here. While there are good reasons for these rules, it sure is frustrating when they get in the way of helping people access safe and effective natural solutions as powerful as this one.
Of course, the FDA can’t stop me from encouraging you to do your own research. And there are plenty of other impressive research studies on this amazing plant compound that I can tell you about!
Ancient Secret Unlocks the Key to Balanced Blood Sugar
Practitioners of Eastern Medicine have actually known about some of the benefits of this amazing plant compound for at least 2,000 years and it’s found in dozens of potent medicinal herbs.[9,10] Native Americans also revered plants rich in this compound, such as goldenseal and Oregon grape root, as potent medicines for immune and digestive health.
But the powerful effects of the isolated form of this compound, called berberine, have only come to light in recent years. Berberine is classified as an alkaloid, which are chemicals produced by plants that are known for their powerful and often mysterious effects on the human body.
What has me excited is that scientists have recently discovered that berberine can “unlock” a metabolic key that helps to keep your blood sugar in the healthy range. Berberine effectively monitors your blood sugar levels and springs into action to keep them in check at the first sign that they are starting to creep up towards the high side of normal.
Berberine has what seems like the extraordinary ability to act like a “guardian angel,” watching over your blood sugar and intervening as necessary to keep your levels within a healthy range.
And that’s not all it can do to rejuvenate your health.
Amazing Research That Speaks for Itself
One study — a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial (the “gold standard” in clinical research) — investigated the effect of berberine on blood sugar and lipid levels in 110 middle-aged subjects with impaired glucose control and elevated cholesterol and/or
Subjects took either 1,000 mg of berberine daily or a placebo for three months. Researchers found that those taking berberine had significant improvements, including a:
- 20% reduction in fasting glucose
- 26% reduction on the 2-hour oral glucose tolerance test (a measurement of after-meal glucose levels)
- 36% reduction in triglycerides
- 18% reduction in total cholesterol
- 21% reduction in LDL cholesterol
What’s also amazing is that they experienced a modest, but statistically significant reduction in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
The Data Doesn’t Lie: Berberine Does It Better
A recent meta-analysis reviewed a total of 27 clinical trials to assess the effectiveness of berberine for management of blood sugar, blood lipids and blood pressure. And the results were truly impressive!
Several of the studies looked at the effects of taking berberine versus lifestyle changes or placebo. Here are some of the significant takeaways:
- Balancing Blood Sugar: In five studies examining 331 subjects, researchers concluded berberine was more effective than lifestyle intervention or placebo at reducing blood sugar. The dosage used ranged from 900 mg to 1,200 mg daily for three months.
- Reducing Lipid Levels: In six trials on 451 subjects, researchers concluded berberine was more effective than lifestyle intervention or placebo at reducing total and LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. The dosage used ranged from 900 mg to 1,200 mg daily for three to four months.
- Reducing Blood Pressure: In three trials involving 330 subjects, researchers found berberine was more effective than lifestyle intervention or placebo at reducing blood pressure levels. The dosage used ranged from 600 mg to 1,000 mg daily for three months.
How Berberine Can Become Your Blood Sugar’s “Guardian Angel”
While solid clinical data and 2,000 years of traditional use seems like plenty of evidence that something is effective, I’m always more comfortable when I understand how a natural compound works its magic inside the body.
And that’s what’s so great about modern science merging with age-old medicine!
As you may know, maintaining normal insulin sensitivity is one of the most important things you can do to keep your blood sugar levels in the healthy range. This is because over time, the insulin receptors on your cells can become de-sensitized, preventing glucose (sugar) from entering your cells. And this leads to excess glucose in the bloodstream and elevated blood sugar levels, which, among other things, can lead to oxidative stress in blood vessels and arteries throughout your body.
This is where berberine swoops in for the rescue!
When you have berberine circulating in your bloodstream and your blood sugar levels start to rise, it activates or “unlocks” an important regulator of metabolism called AMPK (AMP-activated protein kinase) that improves insulin sensitivity and helps cells use glucose the way they’re supposed to.
How Berberine Keeps Your Heart Healthy
Studies on berberine show that, in addition to its blood sugar benefits, it supports healthy cholesterol levels, triglycerides and blood pressure — some of the most important indicators of cardiovascular health. It goes without saying how important it is to keep your heart healthy and strong as you age.
A 2004 study examined the effect of berberine compared to placebo in subjects with elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels. In the group of subjects not taking any type of intervention, researchers found that taking 1,000 mg of berberine daily for three months:
- Lowered total cholesterol by 29%
- Lowered LDL cholesterol by 25%
- Lowered triglycerides by 35%…
…with no significant changes seen in the placebo group.
In addition to berberine’s ability to activate AMPK, it may help increase the expression of LDL cholesterol receptors, which leads to more LDL particles being trapped and utilized by the body, removing excess LDL from the bloodstream. Berberine has also been shown to play a role in inhibiting lipid synthesis.
It Can Help Your Digestion Too!
Supporting digestive balance has always been the primary role of berberine-containing herbs in traditional medicine.[9-11]
Berberine may help promote a healthy microbial environment in the gastrointestinal tract.[6,17] It has also been shown to inhibit an intestinal enzyme called alpha-glucosidase, which breaks down dietary carbohydrates into simpler molecules, resulting in reduced carb absorption.
The Best Way to Make Berberine Work for You
I recommend a minimum of 1,000 mg of berberine per day for noticeable benefits. Some people may want to take up to 1,500 mg a day depending on their condition.
It’s almost impossible to get these amounts from food or taking whole herbs alone, which is why taking a berberine supplement is key. But don’t just stop reading now and grab the first bottle on your drugstore shelf.
It’s important to note that it’s only the highly-purified berberine HCl form of berberine that has been shown to produce the truly impressive results in clinical studies. And as I stated above, the minimum daily dosage should be 1,000 mg per day.
Some berberine supplements provide much lower doses, (and often are simply made with an unstandardized extract of the berberine-containing barberry plant, which may provide only a small amount of berberine.)
The Berberine Supplement I Personally Recommend
The bottom line is that there are too many junk berberine supplements out there. If you take a subpar supplement, you’re going to get subpar results.
I wanted to make it easy for my readers to take an effective AND affordable berberine supplement. You see, in addition to my work at Live in the Now, I also run a company called Stop Aging Now which has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years. I worked with the company’s Scientific Advisory Board to create the best berberine supplement on the market.
It’s called Berberine XTS™, and this powerful formula provides an extra strength 1,000 mg dose of pure berberine HCl in each daily serving. And it’s priced as low as $14.95 per bottle, which makes it more affordable than even some discount brands! Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
I encourage you to do your own research, to make sure I’m not just shamelessly promoting my own product. But here’s why I am confident that Berberine XTS is simply the best natural blood sugar support formula out there:
- Superior Potency and Purity: Berberine XTS is made with premium-grade berberine HCl, a highly-purified form of this potent plant alkaloid, which has been the focus of many research studies.
- A Research-Based Dose:Berberine XTS is an extremely potent formula that provides a 1,000 mg daily dose of pure berberine HCl. Other berberine supplements typically provide much lower doses.
- Guaranteed Safety, Quality and Effectiveness: Berberine XTS is guaranteed to be safe and effective. It’s made in Stop Aging Now’s own state-of-the-art, FDA-inspected facility located in Florida to meet or exceed the stringent USP standards for quality, purity, potency and disintegration.
- It’s Affordable and Risk-Free:This amazing formula is available for as low as $14.95 per bottle for a one-month supply, which is less than many discount, low quality brands. Plus it ships to you for free and comes with an “any reason” 365-day guarantee. That’s right – take it for up to one year, and get a full refund if you don’t like it.
And for a limited time, Live in the Now readers can try Berberine-XTS for as low as $14.95 for a one-month supply, which is an incredible deal.
- J Clin Endocrinol Met. 2008;93(7):2559-65.
- Evid Based Compl Alt Med. 2012;2012:363845
- Metab Synst Rel Disord. 2013;11(5): 366-9.
- Nat Med. 2004;10(12):1344-51.
- Exp Opin Biol Ther. 2013;13(4):475-82.
- Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B. 2012;2(4):327-34.
- Chinese J Integ Trad West Med. 1995; 1(2); 91-95.
- Metabolism. 2008; 57(5), 712-717.
- Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:798093.
- Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010 Aug;35(16):2061-4.
- Barton, B.S. 1798-1804. Collections for an Essay Towards a Materia Medica of the United States. Philadelphia: A & G Way.
- Metab Clin Exp. 2010;59:285-92.
- J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;161:69-81.
- Lancet. 1992;340(8825):925-9.
- J Biol Chem. 2009;284(42):28885-95.
- J Lipid Res. 2006 Jun;47(6):1281-8.
- PLoS ONE. 9(8): e104554. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0104554
- Oxid Med Cell Long. 2015; 2015:723093.
Joshua Corn -Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.