Recipe: Pineapple Chicken Salad with Curry
Spicy, fruity chicken salad makes a great lunch or light dinner. The curry and the enzyme bromelain, which is found in pineapple, offer anti-inflammatory protection. This recipe is easily doubled.
For the chicken salad:
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (½ split)
1 tsp. olive oil
1/3 c. halved grapes
1/3 c. fresh pineapple, cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
¼ c. homemade mayonnaise
Juice of ½ lime
¼ tsp. curry powder, or more to taste
2 tsp. honey (optional)
Your preferred salad greens for serving
Lime slices and contrasting fruit, like blueberries or strawberries to garnish
• Rinse chicken and pat dry. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Grill on medium-high for 7-8 minutes per side, until center is no longer pink.
• Place the cubed pineapple on aluminum foil and add to grill after turning the chicken.
• Meanwhile, whisk the chutney, mayo, curry powder and lime juice in a small bowl.
• Remove the chicken and pineapple from the grill. Cool slightly and cut the chicken into strips or cubes.
• Combine chicken, pineapple and grapes in medium-sized bowl. Add dressing and mix gently.
• Plate with salad greens and garnish creatively!