Mason jars have long been used for canning and preserving, but in recent years, the uses for this American invention seem to be endless. Mason jars are now used for soup recipe exchanges, cookie recipe gifting and, our favorite, all-in-one easy meal planning. Using mason jars to prepare and store meals has several advantages.
10 Reasons To Stock Up On Mason Jars
Mason Jars are:
2. Made with glass (BPA FREE!)
3. Sturdy and re-usable
4. Double as drinking glasses
6. Clear (never the scary mystery container in the refrigerator)
7. Easy to stack and easy to transport
8. Can help to control your portions
9. Microwave and dishwasher safe
10. Lids and jars can be purchased separately (and easily replaced when you have the piece with no mate… a common tupperware frustration)
We hit the web and browsed some of our favorite blogs to find some great, healthy ideas for meals in mason jars. But there’s a trick to it! Here’s the best way to effectively layer a mason jar meal, plus a few of our favorite “meals in mason jars” recipes.
Have you prepared a meal in a mason jar lately or have any recipes to share? Let us know!
Recommended for you: