The Truth About Blood Pressure That Changes Everything
Blood pressure, perhaps more than any other health concern, is all about the numbers.
The numbers that can make you dread going to your doctor. The numbers that can have your spouse “reminding” you at every meal about what is at stake. The numbers that literally can get worse the more you obsess about them. The numbers that mean your blood pressure is under control.
Your spouse and your doctor are nagging you for good reason: High blood pressure can have you teetering on the edge of a cliff, struggling to maintain a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
High blood pressure is often referred to as the “silent killer,” because you feel fine, until suddenly you don’t. And this issue is widespread, impacting an estimated 1 in 3 American adults.
Please keep reading, and I’ll tell you about the help you may need to get your blood pressure under control by tapping into the 21st century version of a safe, natural and inexpensive solution that people have used since Biblical times to maintain healthy blood pressure levels and overall cardiovascular function.
Research shows it can…
- Improve blood pressure balance significantly
- Promote balanced LDL, total cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Revitalize aging arteries and boost overall heart health[3,4]
The Blood Pressure Secret Revealed in the Bible
If you’re like most health conscious people, olive oil is a staple in your daily diet. Extensive research on it — and the heart-healthy Mediterranean Diet in which it figures prominently — has earned olive oil the reputation as one of the healthiest foods around.
The medicinal use of the fruit and leaves of the olive tree (Olea europaea) actually dates back thousands of years. Early references to its healthful properties can even be found in the Bible: “The fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine” (Ezekiel 47:12). Ancient Mediterranean cultures revered the olive leaf for its healthful properties.
As it turns out, the lesser-hyped olive leaf may, in fact, possess the olive tree’s most powerful healing attributes. Recent research is showing that the olive leaf indeed has truly remarkable effects on human health.
The Secret Behind the Olive Leaf’s Health-Promoting Powers
What it all seems to come down to is a compound called oleuropein that’s found in both olive oil and, in particularly high concentration, in olive leaves.
Scientists have known since the 1950s about oleuropein’s ability to fight free radicals and support healthy blood vessels, but only recently has research revealed how effective a highly purified olive leaf extract rich in this amazing plant compound can be at promoting balanced blood pressure, normal cholesterol and triglyceride levels and optimal overall cardiovascular health.
As I dug into the research, it became clear to me that the three most important requirements for keeping your blood pressure healthy are:
- Maintaining normal circulation and blood flow
- Ensuring proper dilation of blood vessel and artery walls
- Keeping arteries and capillaries smooth and elastic
And here’s great news: The safe, inexpensive, natural solution I found addresses all three!
Clinical Research Shows Amazing Blood Pressure Results
In what is perhaps the most interesting clinical trial, researchers looked at 20 sets of identical twins (to minimize any differences in response based on genetics), with each twin assigned to a different group. Two experiments were conducted.
In the first test, which lasted 8 weeks, one group was given 500 mg of a highly purified olive leaf extract daily, while the other group only received advice on lowering blood pressure with lifestyle changes.
Reductions in both systolic (the first number) and diastolic (the second number) blood pressure were observed in the group receiving olive leaf, while the control group actually saw slight increases. What’s more, the olive leaf group began to see improvements in as little as 7 days!
In a second 8-week test, researchers compared the effects of 500 mg daily dosage of the same olive leaf extract to a 1,000 mg dosage. The results were astounding. The participants taking 1,000 mg of olive leaf extract saw dramatic reductions in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure, as well as modest, but statistically significant reductions in total cholesterol and triglycerides after 8 weeks.[.
More Evidence Shows Olive Leaf’s Heart Health Benefits
Another double-blind, placebo-controlled study involving 232 subjects echoed these results. It compared the blood pressure effects of a 1,000 mg dose of the same highly purified olive extract against a placebo.
Researchers were once again wowed when the olive leaf extract reduced blood pressure compared to baseline levels. By the end of the study, the olive leaf group’s blood pressure went from an average of 145/91.3, considered high blood pressure, to 133.5/86.5, below the commonly recognized high blood pressure range.
And there was a bonus: To the researchers’ surprise, the olive leaf group’s cholesterol levels plummeted by an average of 16 points!
How Olive Leaf Extract Helps Control Blood Pressure
The more scientists study the olive leaf, the more they’ve been impressed by its ability to promote healthy blood pressure balance. As I mentioned, it actually works in a few different ways to keep blood pressure under control.
Oleuropein, the active component it contains, has been shown to promote vasodilation, the process by which blood vessels relax and expand to accommodate the blood moving through the vessels. It may also help enhance production of nitric oxide (NO), the messenger molecule in the endothelial lining of the blood vessels that causes vasodilation.[9,10] And it helps to inhibit ACE, an enzyme that causes your blood pressure to spike.
Another way olive leaf helps blood pressure is by fighting free radicals. Oleuropein, as well as other polyphenols found in olive leaf, are strong antioxidants that help to reduce oxidative stress, which is implicated in both blood pressure and cholesterol imbalances.
How to Find an Olive Leaf Extract That WORKS
If you’re looking for a natural way to support healthy blood pressure, in my opinion, you don’t need to look any further than olive leaf extract. In fact, I wouldn’t waste my time on anything else.
Please note that the only way to get the amazing benefits of olive leaf extract shown in the research is by taking a dietary supplement. However, not just any supplement will do. If you just pick whatever you find on the shelf or buy a random product online, you could be missing out big time.
The thing you have to realize when shopping for an effective olive leaf extract is that oleuropein is a very delicate compound. If it’s not processed correctly, it quickly degrades and breaks down into a by-product called hydroxy-tyrosol, which has virtually no blood pressure benefits at all.
Due to this fact, scientists developed a highly purified and concentrated olive leaf extract using special processing technology to ensure that the oleuropein does not break down easily. This is the only olive leaf extract I have found that stays fresh and potent, and for this reason it’s the only one I recommend. It’s also standardized to contain high levels of oleuropein and polyphenols, and it’s the very same extract used in the clinical studies that have shown remarkable results.
The Olive Leaf Supplement I Recommend to My Readers
The special olive leaf extract I insist upon is extremely hard to find. And when you can track down a supplement that is made with it at the right dose, the price range is out of reach for most people.
So I took it into my own hands to make it easy for my readers to enjoy the remarkable benefits of taking an effective and affordable olive leaf supplement.
You see, in addition to my work with the Live in the Now newsletter, I also run a company called Stop Aging Now, which has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years. Working with the company’s Scientific Advisory Board, I created a truly effective — yet extremely affordable — olive leaf supplement.
I call my formula OliPure BP™, and it works fast, is guaranteed to be effective and costs as little as $14.95 per bottle! Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
This powerful formula provides an extra-strength 1,000 mg dose of the exact same olive leaf extract used in the studies I mentioned above, as well as two additional well-studied ingredients for blood pressure support, celery seed extract and magnesium — all in just 2 veggie capsules per day!
Why This Solution Will Improve Your Numbers Faster Than You Thought Possible
I encourage you to do your own research to make sure I’m not just shamelessly promoting my own product. But here’s why I am confident that OliPure BP is simply the best natural blood pressure support formula out there.
- Made with the Best Olive Leaf Extract Available Anywhere: OliPure BP is made with highly purified, standardized Benolea® brand olive leaf extract, the very same extract used in the clinical studies.
- A Research-Based Dose:OliPure BP is an extremely potent formula that provides the full 1,000 mg dose of Benolea® olive leaf extract shown in the research to have the greatest impact on blood pressure, as well as cholesterol and triglycerides.
- 150 mg of Celery Seed Extract: OliPure BP is enhanced with a standardized celery seed extract that contains a unique compound which has been shown to reduce both systolic and diastolic blood pressure, and reduce excess water in the body that can contribute to elevated blood pressure.[13-14]
- 100 mg of Magnesium: OliPure BP also includes magnesium, which is critical for healthy blood pressure yet often lacking in the diet. Magnesium helps lower blood volume, supports the relaxation of blood vessels and keeps the lining of your arteries smooth and elastic.[15-17]
- Quality You Can Trust: OliPure BP is guaranteed to be safe and effective. It’s made in Stop Aging Now’s own FDA-inspected facility located in Florida to meet or exceed the stringent USP standards for quality, purity, potency and disintegration. Plus, the olive leaf extract we use undergoes special treatment to remove any possible pesticide residues, contaminants and pollutants.
- It’s Affordable and Risk Free: This amazing formula is available for as low as $14.95 per bottle for a one-month supply, which is less than many discount, low-quality brands. Plus it ships to you for free and comes with an “any reason” 365-day guarantee. That’s right — take it for up to one year, and get a full refund if you don’t like it.
- Nwankwo T, et al. Hypertension among adults in the US: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2011-2012. NCHS Data Brief, No. 133. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Dept of Health and Human Services, 2013.
- Phytother Res. 2008;22:1239–1242. doi: 10.1002/ptr.2455.
- Microvasc Res. 2012 May;83(3):281-9.
- Chem Biol Interact.2008 Nov 25;176(2-3):88-98.
- European Medicines Agency. Assessment Report on Olea Europaea L., Folium. European Medicines Agency; London, UK: 2011.
- Nutr Rev. 2009;67:632–638. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2009.00248.x.
- Unpublished study conducted by Frutarom. Blood pressure reducing and lipid lowering effect of Benolea (EFLA 943) in stage-1 hypertension.
- J Ethnopharmacol.2008 Nov 20;120(2):233-40.
- Life Sci. 1998;62(6):541-6.
- 2009 Nov 9;265(1-2):41-8.
- 1996 Mar;2(4):319-25.
- Atta-ur-Rahman. Studies in Natural Products Chemistry: Bioactive Natural Products, Part 1000. Elsevier. 2011.
- J Med Food. 2013;16(6): 558-63.
- Phytother Res. 1997;11:576-82.
- Nutrients 2015;7(9):8199-8226.
- Curr Ther Res 1996;57(10): 767-74.
- Trace Elem Electrolytes 2012;29(2):113-6.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.