Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages
Mag360 Top Banner

Trending

VIEW ALL »

The Health Benefits of Drinking Even More Water (This Summer and Year-Round)

by

I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man. – Henry David Thoreau

Did you know that water makes up about 60 percent of your body? As your most important macronutrient, water is necessary for all of your bodily fluids and is involved in every single bodily function.

Unlike camels or cacti, we humans cannot store water within our bodies for very long. We produce about 8 percent of our water needs through biochemical processes in the body — the remaining 92 percent must be consumed through foods and beverages. Without clean water, we cannot thrive. (And speaking of clean water, studies are continuing to find surprising contaminants in our tap water supply.)

Sponsored Link

Stressed? Anxious?

Do you know what the #1 most overlooked risk factor is when it comes to your heart, brain and overall health? It’s stress.

Discover the plant-derived compound that has been proven to enhance mood, improve cognitive function and reduce both stress and anxiety.

Learn More.

Functions of Water in the Human Body

Water is refreshing and tastes great — our bodies crave it! But what’s truly amazing about water is its ability to multi-task throughout the body.

Here is just a partial list of the crucial roles water plays in your life:

How Much Water Should You Drink?

So exactly how much water do you need? Requirements vary depending on climate, activity level, diet, weight and even the medications you take. We often hear the “8×8 Rule” — drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water daily. (According to the Mayo Clinic, this is probably as good a rule as any.) However, try not to exceed a gallon per day, as too much water can actually cause dehydration since it simply depletes the body of minerals.

One of the best ways to tell if you’re drinking enough water is to check the color of your urine. If it’s pale yellow, you’re OK. Dark yellow urine is one of the signs of dehydration.

Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink — by then your body is already in the early stages of dehydration. It’s a good idea to sip water slowly all day long. Add some lemon to your water help alkalize the body and a pinch of sea salt (instead of table salt) to get some electrolytes in.

Bottled water, which is often tainted with chemicals, is becoming a less popular option due to the waste generated by the plastic containers. If you opt for tap water, use a water filter to remove chlorine, fluoride, chemicals, bacteria and heavy metals.

Here are some excellent water filter options:

Cheers!

Healthy Living Starts Here

Never miss out on valuable information. Subscribe to our newsletter today!



Leave a Comment Below


2 responses to “The Health Benefits of Drinking Even More Water (This Summer and Year-Round)”

  1. […] The Health Benefits of Drinking Water (This Summer and Year-Round) […]

  2. […] The Health Benefits of Drinking Even More Water (This Summer and Year-Round) […]